Tesamorelin – A Novel GHRH | Buy Tesamorelin
Tesamorelin is a peptide that deserves mention because of its implication in the management of HIV. Studies show that it could reduce cardiovascular diseases in HIV infected test subjects.
In November 2010, tesamorelin was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the reduction of excess abdominal fat in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy. This condition happens as a result of the HIV infection itself and antiretroviral therapy. It is sold under the trade name Egrifta.
Tesamorelin is sold at Loti Labs for research purposes only and isn’t formulated for human consumption. We go to great lengths to provide exceptionally high-quality products to our customers as a USA based peptide and research company.
In this article, we will discuss the tesamorelin peptide, what it is, its effects and where to buy this peptide.
Tesamorelin is also known as (TH9507). It is a synthetic agonist of growth hormone-releasing factor that stimulates the production and release of endogenous growth hormone. It consists of all 44 amino acids of human GHRH with the addition of a trans-3-hexenoic acid group. It is also potent and more stable than GHRH and is resistant to cleavage by the dipeptidyl aminopeptidase enzyme.
When tested in animals, it significantly reduced visceral adipose tissue (VAT). Tesamorelin was found to reduce triglycerides and total cholesterol levels in test subjects with lipodystrophy associated with antiretroviral therapy of HIV infection. Tesamorelin is also being evaluated as therapy of insulin resistance, obesity, and nonalcoholic fatty liver.
STRUCTURE OF TESAMORELIN
Molecular Formula: C221H366N72O67S
Molecular weight: 5136 g/molS
CAS number: 804475-66-9
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Tesamorelin activates GHRH receptors in the pituitary, which leads to synthesis and release of growth hormone releasing-hormone that acts on multiple cells of the body, including hepatocytes, where it stimulates the production of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1). IGF-1 mediates many of the effects of growth hormone, which in the liver include growth, inhibition of programmed cell death, glucose intolerance, and lipolysis.
Studies show that tesamorelin’s main mechanism of action is through lipolysis. Lipolysis is the breakdown of lipids and triglycerides, which are both fats that are found in the body. Generally, lipids and triglycerides are stored in the body to be used later for energy. However, a high level of either can increase the risk of heart disease.
Tesamorelin can be purchased from Loti Labs. It is important to buy peptides which are USA-made to ensure the integrity of your research. Tesamorelin sold from Loti Labs is tested through HPLC and Mass spectrometry to ensure quality. Tesamorelin is commonly sold in 2mg vials. It is available in lyophilized powder form.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Database. Tesamorelin, CID=16137828, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Tesamorelin (accessed on Mar. 4, 2020)
- LiverTox: Clinical and Research Information on Drug-Induced Liver Injury [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; 2012-. Tesamorelin. [Updated 2018 Oct 20]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548730/
- Knoop, Andre et al. “Qualitative identification of growth hormone-releasing hormones in human plasma by means of immunoaffinity purification and LC-HRMS/MS.” Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry vol. 408,12 (2016): 3145-53. doi:10.1007/s00216-016-9377-3
- Patel A, Gandhi H, Upaganlawar A. Tesamorelin: A hope for ART-induced lipodystrophy. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2011;3(2):319–320. doi:10.4103/0975-7406.80763
- Fourman LT, Czerwonka N, Feldpausch MN, et al. Visceral fat reduction with tesamorelin is associated with improved liver enzymes in HIV. AIDS. 2017;31(16):2253–2259. doi:10.1097/QAD.0000000000001614