IGF-1 LR3 Review | Buy IGF-1 LR3Admin
Please Read our Disclaimer
Long arginine 3-IGF-1, abbreviated as IGF-1 LR3 or LR3-IGF-1, is a synthetic protein and lengthened analogue insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). It differs from native IGF-1 in that it possesses an arginine instead of a glutamic acid at the third position in its amino acid sequence (“arginine 3”), and also has an additional 13 amino acids at its N-terminus (MFPAMPLLSLFVN) (“long”), for a total of 83 amino acids (relative to the 70 of IGF-1).
The consequences of these modifications are that IGF-1 LR3 retains the pharmacological activity of IGF-1 as an agonist of the IGF-1 receptor, has very low affinity for the insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs), and has improved metabolic stability. As a result, it is approximately three times more potent than IGF-1 and possesses a significantly longer half-life of about 20–30 hours (relative to IGF-1’s half-life of about 12–15 hours). It is a sterile filtered white lyophilized(freeze-dried) powder.
Structure of IGF-1 LR3
IGF-1 Long R3, or IGF-1 LR3, is a form of IGF that has been chemically altered with changed amino acids. It consists of 83 amino acids with a substation of Arg(R) for the Glu(E) at position three, hence, the name R3. The altercations enable it to avoid binding to proteins in the body, which allows it to have a longer half-life.
Mechanism of action
IGF-1 LR3(Insulin-like growth factor-1 LR3) is a major hormonal mediator of statural growth. Under regular circumstances, GH (growth hormone) binds to its receptor in the liver, and other tissues, and stimulates the synthesis/secretion of IGF-1. In target tissues, the type 1 IGF receptor, that is homologous to the insulin receptor, is activated by IGF-1 LR3 leading to intracellular signaling which stimulates multiple processes leading to statural growth.
IGF-1 LR3 metabolic actions are partly directed at stimulating the uptake of glucose, fatty acids, and amino acids so that metabolism supports growing tissues.
Insulin-like growth factor-1 LR3 can be purchased from labs. It undergoes top-notch quality control and is tested with high power liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry to make sure it is of the highest purity. IGF-1 LR3 is usually sold in lyophilized powder form as 1mg vials.
- Tomas FM, Lemmey AB, Read LC, Ballard FJ (1996). “Superior potency of infused IGF-I analogues which bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins is maintained when administered by injection”. J. Endocrinol. 150 (1): 77–84. doi:10.1677/joe.0.1500077. PMID 8708565.
- Mohan S, Baylink DJ (2002). “IGF-binding proteins are multifunctional and act via IGF-dependent and -independent mechanisms”. J. Endocrinol. 175 (1): 19–31. doi:10.1677/joe.0.1750019. PMID 12379487.
- Tomas FM, Knowles SE, Owens PC, Chandler CS, Francis GL, Read LC, Ballard FJ (1992). “Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and especially IGF-I variants are anabolic in dexamethasone-treated rats”. Biochem. J. 282 ( Pt 1): 91–7. doi:10.1042/bj2820091. PMC 1130894. PMID 1371669.
- Von der Thüsen JH, Borensztajn KS, Moimas S, van Heiningen S, Teeling P, van Berkel TJ, Biessen EA (2011). “IGF-1 has plaque-stabilizing effects in atherosclerosis by altering vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype”. Am. J. Pathol. 178 (2): 924–34. doi:10.1016/j.ajpath.2010.10.007. PMC 3069834. PMID 21281823.
- Mario Thevis (2010). Mass Spectrometry in Sports Drug Testing: Characterization of Prohibited Substances and Doping Control Analytical Assays. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 252–. ISBN 978-1-118-03514-6.